Conditions for the Processing of Personal Data for the Registration Purposes at the Transcom Conference at the University of Žilina
Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95 / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation); hereinafter referred to as "GDPR"
Operator: The University of Žilina, Company Identification Number (IČO): 00397563, Univerzitná 8215/1, 010 26 Žilina, (hereinafter referred to as "UNIZA")
- The Conference participant (hereinafter referred to as the "data subject") acknowledges that UNIZA will process his or her personal data to the extent specified in the application for registration for the Transcom Conference, name and surname, academic degree, e-mail address, telephone contact, name of the institution and its full address, country, account number, signature for the attendance list and photos or videos from the Conference.
- The purpose of the processing of personal data to be provided during the registration and payment of the Conference fee is to enable the data subjects to participate in the Transcom Conference. At the same time, video and video-audio recordings will be produced, which can be published for UNIZA's internal purposes through the Spravodajca magazine, as well as for public promotion on the UNIZA's internal television circuit, the UNIZA website, the Transcom website and via the Facebook social networking site.
- Legal basis:
- Article 6, paragraph 1 (b) of the GDPR - processing is necessary for the performance of the contract to which the data subject is a party, or that, upon the request of the data subject, measures are taken prior to the conclusion of the contract,
- Article 6, paragraph 1 (f) of the GDPR - a legitimate interest of the operator in informing the public on the UNIZA specialization, the presentation as well as the promotion of UNIZA.
- In the event of failure to provide the personal data necessary for the registration for the Conference or non-payment of the Conference fee, UNIZA will not be able to register the person for the Conference.
- The contact details of the person responsible for the area of personal data protection, appointed by UNIZA – are the e-mail address: dpo(at)uniza.sk, or Univerzitná 8215/1, 010 26 Žilina.
- The personal data provided shall be kept for the time necessary for the purpose of providing it and for fulfilling UNIZA's archiving obligations imposed by the applicable legislation. The retention period stipulated in the UNIZA Registration Order is 10 years in the case of the organization of scientific, professional and educational events (registration mark A-9). The operator does not accept any legal responsibility for video and video-audio recordings produced and published by persons other than UNIZA.
- The personal data of the data subjects shall, to the extent necessary for the publication of the Conference paper of the data subject as the author, be provided under the contract to Elsevier, B.V. The information on the protection of personal data by Elsevier, B.V. can be found at https://www.elsevier.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- UNIZA shall inform the participants of the Conference on the following rights arising from the GDPR and Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on Personal Data Protection and on amendments to certain acts:
- the right to request from UNIZA access to the personal data provided, the right to obtain confirmation that the personal data of the data subject concerned are being processed and related information;
- the right to rectification of personal data in the event of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- the right to erasure of personal data provided that the legal prerequisites allowing the erasure of personal data are met ("right to be forgotten");
- the right to restriction of the processing of personal data provided that the legal prerequisites allowing the restriction of the processing of personal data are met;
- the right to object to the processing of personal data performed on grounds of legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1 (f) of the GDPR to the contact details of the responsible person referred to in paragraph 5;
- the right to portability of the personal data provided to UNIZA provided that the legal prerequisites allowing the portability of personal data are met;
- the right to submit a proposal to initiate a procedure of the Office for Personal Data Protection, the purpose of which is to determine whether the rights of natural persons have been infringed during the processing of their personal data or whether or not the applicable legislation has been violated.
- UNIZA confirms that the personal data provided is not processed through automated individual decision-making and profiling.
- UNIZA confirms that the personal data provided are not transferred to third countries (outside the EU and the EEA) or to international organizations.